Welcome to The Association of Nanny Agencies (ANA).
We support both families and professional child carers by providing a wealth of information and resources to enhance the quality of standards within the nanny industry.
This website enables you to:
- Find reputable and ANA approved childcare agencies across the UK
- Access current nanny, maternity, childcare and nursery positions available via ANA member agencies
- Gain support and guidance from ANA registered agencies
- Receive notifications by e-mail when a new job is listed in your area (Facility to come)
- Find up to date information on training courses, career and qualification options.
The Association of Nanny Agencies (ANA) exists with the intention of “Making Standards Matter”.
Our Association is intended for every UK childcare agency looking to be seen and acknowledged by clients, potential clients and candidates, as having the highest levels of work practice and professional excellence, and we welcome any agency demonstrating these standards and who wishes to become a member of the UK’s fastest growing network of childcare agencies to join us.
We are a Trade Association that supports and keeps our agency members informed of current childcare laws, appropriate regulations within the childcare industry, employment rights and responsibilities as well as any new changes within legislation.
We promote a professional Code of Conduct, strict criteria, and standards of good agency practice, an excellent quality of service, duty of care, and legal compliance by all members.
For our clients and candidates, this means that when you use an agency displaying our logo, you can be sure the standard of that member Agency’s work will be of the best quality, as well as having the reassurance that your chosen agency is accountable towards their commitment to ensuring best practice for both clients and candidates.
What does The Association of Nanny Agencies (ANA) logo show? Displaying the kite mark of our industry, agencies are:
- A nationally recognised and reputable agency
- Registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Compliant with the appropriate insurance and legal responsibilities
- Part of an association of independent but like-minded agencies, with shared aims and standards
- Committed to following the association’s code of best practice which ensures:-
- All candidates are interviewed in person
- References are taken and verified on each candidate
- Enhanced DBS checks are applied for as appropriate
- That they select and put forward the best and most suitable applicants for a position
- They only advertise genuine vacancies, with genuine salaries
- They will assist a client with a generic contract of employment and other legally required papers.
- They will advise a nanny of any further training options which would enhance the nannies skills as well as supporting with the Ofsted registration process where appropriate.
The Association of Nanny Agencies website is for families, nanny agencies, childcare professionals and other childcare related organisations who provide a service which will add value to the nanny and childcare industry.
Nanny agencies are able to support with a variety of childcare options including:
- Nannies – both temporary and permanent positions either on a live in basis or a live out basis
- Full and part time nanny positions
- Maternity nurses and maternity nannies
- Parent helps to provide an extra pair of hands
- A combined role of nanny and housekeeping duties
- After school childcare, school holiday cover and babysitting services
- Overnight nannies
- Nursery nurses and tutors.